Human Resources Management
Indiana Tech’s Human Resources Management certificate provides each student with advanced, in-depth knowledge of the most critical areas within human resources: compensation, employment law, labor relations and performance management. This program also prepares students to sit for industry-standard Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) exams.
The Human Resources Management certificate program includes five courses:
- Human Resource Management – MBA 5600 (3 credits)
- Performance Management – MBA 6200 (3 credits)
- Labor Relations – MBA 6210 (3 credits)
- Compensation Management – MBA 6220 (3 credits)
- Employment Law – MBA 6600 (3 credits)
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Human Resources Management Graduate Certificate, you will be prepared to:
- Understand the key areas of human resources: management practices, selection and placement, training and development, compensation and benefits, employee and labor relations, health and safety/security and international human resources issues.
- Identify, measure, and develop the performance of individuals and teams.
- Examine and understand interactions with formal and informal labor organizations.
- Have a deeper understanding of employment law.
- Sit for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute certification exams.