Assistant Professor, Psychology
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2542
Cell Phone: N/A
Office: Academic Center, Room 178
- IIT 1000 University Experience
- MPSY online courses
- MWF: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- TR: 10 a.m.-Noon
College of General Studies
Academic Advisor Roles
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Certificate in Clinical Child and Family Studies Roosevelt University (2009)
- M.S. Ed., Mental Health Counseling, Purdue University Calumet (2005)
- B.S., Biology, Purdue University Calumet (1996)
- B.A., Clinical Psychology, Purdue University Calumet (1993)
- 9/09-9/13: Clinical Psychologist and Director of APA Accredited Intership Program at Park Center, Inc, Fort Wayne, IN
- 1/06-5/08: Teaching Fellow at Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL
- 6/96-5/07: Consultation Coordinator St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers, Dyer, IN
- Harrison, K., & Meyers, S. (2010, August). Personal and interpersonal predictors of self-injury among college students. Paper presented at the 118th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, San Diego, CA.
- Harrison, K., & Mogielski-Watson, P. (2005, April). Skin deep: Knowing the ins and outs of self harm. It’s not just for clients with borderline personality disorder anymore. Program presented at the American Counseling Association Annual Convention, Atlanta, GA.
- Degges-White, S. & Harrison, K. (2006, February). Play therapy: A primer for beginners. Program presented at the Indiana Counseling Association’s 46th Annual Educational Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Degges-White, S. & Harrison, K. (2006, February). Coming out or hiding out: Interventions for LGBTQ clients. Program presented at the Indiana Counseling Association’s 46th Annual Educational Conference, Indianapolis, IN. Taped for a home study course at www.homestudycredit.com
- Harrison, K. (2005, September). Skin deep: Knowing the ins and outs of self harm. It’s not just for clients with borderline personality disorder anymore. Program presented at the 61st Annual Indiana Association of Residential Child Care Agencies (IARCCA) Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Harrison, K. & Mayle, A. (2012, September). Trauma, Stress and the Brain. Program presented at the Adams County Crisis Intervention Training for Law Enforcement Officers, Decatur, IN.
I am presently licensed as a clinical psychologist and Health Service Provider of Psychology in the state of Indiana as well as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Indiana. I bring 20 years of experience of working in the mental health field in various settings and at different levels of capacity.
Throughout my career I have always enjoyed teaching and training individuals within the field and I have served as a supervisor on many occasions. My philosophy regarding teaching in an academic setting is to make the course material as applicable to the real world and the world of work as possible for my students.