Ph.D. Program Director, Associate Professor of Business
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2446
Cell Phone: 260.415.7712
Office: Cunningham Business Center, Room 150
- Dissertation Research Seminar & Prospectus
- Dissertation Proposal Development & Defense
- M-F: 7-10 a.m.
Ph.D. in Global Leadership
Academic Advisor Roles
- Ed.D., Organizational Leadership Degree, Indiana Wesleyan University (2007)
- MSE Training and Development, Indiana University (1992)
- B.S., Business Administration, Indiana Wesleyan University (1989)
- A.S., Supervision, Purdue University (1987)
- Director of Human Resources, G&S Metal Consultants: Wabash, Indiana – 2005-2009. This position involved facilitation of an organizational cultural changeover from entrepreneur to standard business practice. Personal coaching with the principle owner resulted in securing a President for the organization, building three new operations, and facilitating the eventual sale to a venture capital group.
- Group Manager of Human Resources, Metaldyne: Bluffton, Indiana – 2003-2005. Completed manufacturing multi- plant Human Resource activities: conducting a complete audit of Human Resource department, wrote affirmative action plans, wrote and executed state training grants, certified TS auditor, coordinated implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, developed labor economic model and compensation planning.
- Human Resource Manager,Nishikawa Standard Company: New Haven, Indiana – 1999-2003. Managed all human resource related activities in this joint-venture manufacturing facility (Japanese parent). Managed all EHS functions, hazmat, and ISO 14001 activities. Development of programs and procedures for all FLSA, ADA, FMLA, and Title VII. Created incentive programs, training needs assessments, programming and delivery of training. Assisted sister plants in a number of activities and projects.
- Human Resource Director, Pretzels, Inc.: Bluffton, IN- 1995-1999. Directed all human resource functions for this multi-plant union environment. Created an entire compensation system from job description to final compensation. Managed union relations and negotiated all grievances and union contract negotiations. Created EH&S, safety and worker compensation programs and controls. Created recruitment strategy, orientation, and training.
- Panel Participant – International Leadership Association Annual Conference, Montreal, Canada 2013
- Can we Lead and Follow? A Call for Followership. – Keynote Address – Ph.D. in Global Leadership Residency, Fort Wayne, IN. 2013
- Discussant- Global Business and Technology Association Annual Conference, Helsinki, Finland 2013
- Global Leadership for the New Millennium: HRD Curriculum Awareness and Development – Presenter, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) National Conference, Atlanta, GA. 2012.
- Developing Leaders for Global Roles Summit, Invitee, Naiafi Global Mindset Institute – Thunderbird School of Global Management- Phoenix, AZ. 2012.
- Graduate Student Strategic Case Competition, Faculty Advisor, International Leadership Association Conference –London,UK. 2011.
- New Challenges and Old Paradigms- HR Global Perspectives, Presenter Human Resource Certification Institute, Washington, D.C. 2011.
- Linking Organizational Energy and Individual Well- Being: The Influence of Leaders’ Talent Mindset– Discussant, Global Business and Technology Association Conference, Istanbul, Turkey 2011.
- Integration of HR Trends into the Classroom – Presenter and Panel Moderator, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) National Conference, Las Vegas, NV. 2011.
- Re-Rubiing of SPHR and PHR Testing Criteria, Panel Member, Human Resource Certification Institute, Minneapolis, MN. 2011.
- Antecedents for Successful Employee Retention – Poster Presentation, Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence– Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN. 2011.
- Situational Leadership Theory and Curriculum Delivery – Concept Model Paper Presenter, Midwest Scholars Conference – Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, IN. 2011.
- Servant Leadership and Team Effectiveness Correlation: An Empirical Study- Presenter Applied Research and Scholarship Seminar – Indiana Tech- Fort Wayne, IN . 2011.
- Examination of mindsets for effective leadership practice, Interactive roundtable Panel Discussion Moderator, International Leadership Association Conference – National Conference, Boston, MA. 2010.
- Exploring the emerging leadership culture within a “flattened” global environment, Keynote Speaker, Global Leadership – IUPUI’S Project Leadership – IUPUI University, Indianapolis, IN. 2010.
- Exploring the Integration of an Emotional Intelligence and Servant Leadership Mindset as a Model for Effective Leadership Practice, Co-Presenter, 2010 Multi-Sector Forum, Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence – Indiana University. 2010.
- Global Leadership…gateway to the future, Presenter, Northeast Indiana Human Resource Association Conference- Fort Wayne, IN. 2010.
- APA Dissertation Guidelines, Presenter, Indiana Tech – Ph.D of Global Leadership, Student Workshop, Fort Wayne, IN. 2009.
- ABD Dissertation Development, Mentor for nine students (four day – on campus residency) , IWU Summer Institute, Marion, IN. 2009.
- Demographic Statistical Interpretation for Affirmative Action Plan Development, Presenter Human Resource Certification Institute Workshop, Washington, D.C. 2009.
- Dissertation Definition and Prospectus Development, Panel Member, Midwest Scholars’ Conference, Indianapolis, IN. 2009.
- Human Resource Certification Institute’s Methodology in PHR & SPHR Test Development, Keynote Seminar Presenter, 2009 Indiana SHRM Leadership State Conference, Indianapolis, IN. 2009.
- Dissertation Development and Research Methodology, Seminar Presenter for 18 doctorate candidates, Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, IN. 2008.
- Effective Leadership in the Industrial Manufacturing Environment, Presenter at the Greenleaf Center’s 18th Annual International Conference, Indianapolis, IN. 2008.
- Leadership and Team Effectiveness, Presenter at the Midwest Scholars’ Conference, Indianapolis, IN. 2008.
- Nominated for the Fredric M. Jablin Dissertation Award of the International Leadership Association by the chair of the doctorate program of Indiana Wesleyan University. Marion, IN. 2007.
- Classroom application of Situational Leadership theory, Keynote speaker of staff development day, Ivy Tech State Community College, Fort Wayne, IN. 2007.
- Completing chapters one and two of your dissertation. Organizational Leadership doctoral program, Summer Institute – Dissertation Roundtable, Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN. 2007.
- From Great-Leader to Followership: Leadership theory development, Ukrainian / American Leadership Conference, Kyiv, Ukraine. 2007.
- Situational Leadership: why it matters for you and your business, Northeast Indiana Leadership Conference, Honeywell Center, Wabash IN. 2005.
- Global diversity in the manufacturing environment, Guest classroom lecturer, Organizational Leadership Studies Department, Purdue University, Fort Wayne, IN. 2003.
- Burmese culture and accomplishment, Keynote speaker, Burmese New Year Celebration, Fort Wayne, IN. 2003
Educator/Business leader who currently holds the position of Director of the Ph.D, in Global Leadership program at the Indiana Tech. Instructor, presenter, mentor, and consultant developing curriculum, publishing, and mentoring.
Experience with evaluation of academic programs, and as participant in determining policy and procedures guiding university programs to their fullest potential. Focused on teaching leadership, international studies and related social science topics.
Strong interest in bridging academic disciplines with contemporary global and cross-cultural issues. Multidimensional background and interdisciplinary experience includes leadership and business expertise
Served in multiple roles as educator, consultant and strategist, and provided successful management of collaborative endeavors bringing business and academic experience to realize successful program development.