Associate Professor, Mechanical and Energy Engineering
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2229
Cell Phone: N/A
Office: Zollner Engineering Center, Room 015
- IIT 1000 University Experience
- ENE 3010 Junior Project I
- ENE 3140 Wind and Solar for the Grid
- ENE 3200 Ethanol and Biofuels Production
- ENE 4973 Senior Thesis I
- ENE 4974 Senior These II
- EM 3500 Fluid Mechanics
- ME 4200 Thermodynamics II
- ME 4280 Energy Systems Design
- M: 9 a.m.-Noon, 2-4:30 p.m.
- TR: 8–9:30 a.m.
- WF: 9-10 a.m.; 11:30 a.m.-Noon, 2-4:30 p.m.
College of Engineering
Academic Advisor Roles
- Ph.D., Engineering,Purdue University, (1982)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University (1976)
- B.S., Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Purdue University (1974)
- 1984–1990: Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ill at Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- 1990–1995: Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Indiana-Purdue University at Fort Wayne, IN.
- 1995–2003: Senior Engineer, Dana Corporation, Fort Wayne, IN.
- 2003–2008: Chief Engineer, Dana Corporation, Maumee, OH (position terminated 31 July 2008).
- 1995–2010: Adjunct Professor, Indiana-Purdue University at Fort Wayne, IN (part-time).
- 2008–2009: Adjunct Professor, Indiana Tech, Fort Wayne, IN (part-time).
- 2009–Present: Adjunct Professor, Ivy Tech Community College NE, Fort Wayne, IN (part-time).
- 2009–2012: Test Engineer, Revolutionary Engineering, Inc., Livonia, MI (part-time consultant).
- Presentation at on-campus DOE “The Geothermal Advantage” conference entitled “The Uytensgu Center as a Teaching Laboratory”, Sept 29, 2011 (with Dean Aschliman).
- Presentation to local Anthony Wayne Rotary Club entitled Wind Energy at Indiana Tech, 25 January 2012.
- Luncheon Presentation at IPFW Energy Unconference Fall 2013 on “Teaching Thermal Sciences with In-situ Building Systems Data”.
During my full-time years at IPFW (1990-1995), I took an active role in advising students throughout their undergraduate programs. At the University of Illinois, I directed students both at the Masters and PhD level. Over the years, I have been the faculty advisor to both ASME and SAE chapters, and have served on the governing board (chairman) of the local SAE chapter – involving students in many of the local chapter’s activities (SAE Mini-Baja, design competitions).
I recently received an award for judging every year at the regional First Lego League contest since its initiation at IPFW eleven years ago. During all my academic tenure at the U of I, IPFW, and Indiana Tech, I have assisted in the ABET accreditation process in mechanical engineering.
While full-time at Indiana Tech, I have taken groups of Indiana Tech students to Senator Lugar’s annual Energy Summit in Indianapolis and West Lafayette as well as participated in the Energy Unconference held at IPFW this past Fall. Over the past couple of years, I was instrumental in getting a 10 kW wind turbine installed on campus.