Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2316
Cell Phone: 260.438.0258
Office: Zollner Engineering Center, Room 209A
- BME 3810 Medical Device Design Project II
- BME 4973 BME Senior Project I
- EGR 2600 Materials Science
- EGR 3600 CAD I – Parametric Modeling
- MW: 8-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-12 p.m., 1-5 p.m.
- TR: 1-2 p.m.
- F: 8 a.m.-Noon
College of Engineering
Academic Advisor Roles
- MBA, Marketing, Management, and HR, Indiana Tech (2004)
- B.S., Manufacturing, Bowling Green State University (1986)
- Biomet Orthopedics, Inc., Marketing Manager, Arthroscopy Products, 2003-2005; Marketing Product Manager, Extremity Products, 1999-2003; Product Development Engineer, Hip and Shoulder Systems Development, 1996-1999
- Starcraft Automotive, Inc., Advanced Design Engineer, Research and Development Engineering, 1994-1996
- Zimmer, Inc., Development Engineering, Knee Systems Development, 1992-1994; Project Manager, Hip/Knee Project Management, 1990-1992; Process Engineer, Packaging, 1988-1990
- Fiat Products (Division of CR/PL, Inc.), Project Engineer, Research and Development, 1987-1988
No information available.
Jack W. Phlipot has been an Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering (BME) at Indiana Tech since 2005. In addition to teaching he is also the Academic Advisor to the students in this program.
Prior to joining Academia, Jack spent almost twenty years in Warsaw working in the medical devices manufacturing industry in the fields of engineering and marketing; honing his communication skills and, unknowingly, developing his teaching philosophy. Teaching a wide variety of courses and continuously striving to improve the growing BME program keeps him very connected with his students.
He credits his extensive use of “relationship-based education” as the reason why his program retains a high percentage of students through graduation.