Director, Teacher Education; Associate Professor, Education
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2343
Cell Phone: N/A
Office: Academic Center, Room 264
- EDU 1000 Introduction to Education
- EDU 1010 Education Benchmark Preparation
- EDU 2050 Technology Tools for Teaching
- EDU 4040 Curriculum and Instruction
- ENG 1000 Introduction to College Reading
- ENG 1100 Introduction to College Writing
- IIT 1000 University Experience
- MW: 9-11 a.m., 3-4 p.m.
- TR: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 3-4 p.m.
- F: 9-11 a.m.
School of Education
Academic Advisor Roles
Elementary Education, Physical Education
- Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Leadership, School Administration, Indiana State University
- M.S., School Administration, Indiana University
- B.S., Elementary Education, Specializations (Language Arts, Social Studies), Olivet Nazarene University
- Director of Teacher Education, Associate Professor, School of Education, Indiana Tech
- Director of Assessment, Induction and Continuing Education, Indiana Department of Education, Division of Professional Standards
- Assistant Superintendent/Director of Curriculum and Special Services, Smith-Green Community Schools
- Director of Field Placements/Assistant Professor of Education, Anderson University
- Principal, Coesse Elementary School, Whitley County Consolidated Schools
- Assistant Principal/Athletic Director, Avilla Elementary and Middle School, East Noble School Corporation
- Site Director, Village Woods Summer Center, East Allen Co. Schools/Follinger Foundation
- At-Large Coordinator, Village Woods Summer Center, East Allen Co. Schools/Follinger Foundation
- Imagine That Education Consulting
- Region 8 Education Service Center, Fort Wayne, Para Pro Trainer
- Coleman Middle School, Indianapolis Public Schools
- Meadowbrook Elementary, Anderson Community Schools
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, Indian Springs Middle School, Columbia City, IN
- Anderson University, School of Education, Anderson IN
- Indiana University, Fort Wayne, School of Education, Fort Wayne IN
- Woodburn Elementary, East Allen Co. Schools, New Haven, IN
- Village Elementary, East Allen Co. Schools, New Haven, IN
- Research Interests: Social Capital, job satisfaction, community connections, volunteerism, the 21st century neighborhood, Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Recipient of the Leepoxy Faculty Award for Innovative Practices, Indiana Tech (2013)
- Recipient of the College of General Studies Award for outstanding contribution and commitment to the College of General Studies, Indiana Tech (2013)
Dr. Brad L. Yoder has worked in a variety of educational settings including classroom teacher, building administrator, superintendent, Indiana Department of Education director, and teacher education/higher education; many of which supported ongoing efforts to build capacity in at-risk children and youth.
Dr. Yoder has worked in at-risk programing within Allen County and the city of Fort Wayne. In his work he has served as site director, academic director, and at-large director of the Village Woods Summer Center. The Village Woods Summer Center was a collaborative grant effort written for 300+ P-12 participants and was based in high-poverty neighborhoods.
Additionally, Dr. Yoder worked with multiple community agencies to build quality programming for the participating youth.
In his current position as Director of Teacher Education at Indiana Tech, Dr. Yoder continues to facilitate opportunities for pre-service teachers to engage with under-prepared youth building social capital within the surrounding neighborhood and within existing partnerships in school settings.