Associate Professor and Chair of Recreation Therapy
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2328
Cell Phone: 260.615.4621
Office: Academic Center, Room 172
- REC 1200 Introduction to Recreation Services
- REC 2000 Recreation Programming
- REC 2600 Recreation Practicum
- REC 4200 Legal Issues in Recreation and Sports
- REC 4950 Recreation Internship
- RT 2600 Recreation Therapy Practicum
- RT 3400 Processes and Techniques in RT
- RT 3700 Administration and Management in RT
- RT 4950 Recreation Therapy Internship
- Mondays: 7:15-9 am, 11 am-12 pm, and 2 pm-5 pm
- Wednesdays and Fridays: 7:15-9 am, 11 am-12 pm, and 2-3:15 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7:15-9:30 am
College of General Studies
Academic Advisor Roles
Recreation Therapy (Bachelor's), Recreation Management (Associate), and Student Recreation and Leisure Society Club (SRLS)
- M.A., Recreation Therapy, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- B.S., Government, Northwest Missouri State University
- Consultant with Park Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Recreation Therapist for a day treatment center for adults with mental illness in Brainerd, Minnesota.
- Intern at a day camp for children with genetic disorders in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Supervisor for a group home for adults with developmental disabilities in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Weekday Associate for a group home for adults with developmental disabilities in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Psych Tech at a mental health hospital in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Child Abuse Investigator in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Presented numerous times at Midwest Symposiums on Recreation Therapy and Adapted Physical Activity.
- Presented several times at Recreation Therapists of Indiana (RTI) conferences.
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association
- National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- General Recreation Therapy info, jobs, internships, activity ideas, etc….
- Illinois Recreation Therapy Association
- Recreation Therapists of Indiana
- National Recreation and Parks Association