Associate Professor, Recreation Therapy, Recreation & Leisure Studies
Phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2328
Cell Phone: 260.615.4621
Office: Academic Center, Room 172
- IIT 1000 University Experience Practicums and Internships
- REC 1200 Introduction to Recreation Services
- REC 2500 Community and Outdoor Recreation
- REC 2600 Recreation Field Experience
- REC 4950 Recreation Internship
- RT 1200 Foundations of Recreation Therapy
- RT 2100 Disabling Conditions and RT’s Impact
- RT 2600 Recreation Therapy Practicum
- RT 3000 Client Assessment and Evaluation
- RT 4200 Advancement of the RT Profession
- RT 4950 Recreation Therapy Internship
- MF: 8-9 a.m., 10 a.m.-Noon
- TR: 8-11 a.m., 12:15-12:45 p.m.
- W: 8-9 a.m., 10 a.m.-Noon, 3-5 p.m.
College of General Studies
Academic Advisor Roles
Recreation Therapy (Bachelor's), Recreation & Leisure Studies (Bachelor's), Recreation Management (Associate), Student Recreation and Leisure Society Club (SRLS)
- M.A., Recreation Therapy, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- B.S., Government, Northwest Missouri State University
- Recreation Therapist for a day treatment center for adults with mental illness in Brainerd, Minnesota.
- Intern at a day camp for children with genetic disorders in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Supervisor for a group home for adults with developmental disabilities in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Weekday Associate for a group home for adults with developmental disabilities in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Psych Tech at a mental health hospital in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Child Abuse Investigator in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Presented numerous times at Midwest Symposiums on Recreation Therapy and Adapted Physical Activity.
- Presented several times at Recreation Therapists of Indiana (RTI) conferences.